Thursday, October 23, 2014

Trying new foods!

One of my favorite things about this challenge is all the new recipes I've been trying. We're eating way more veggies than ever before and I'm enjoying (almost) everything I cook! There were a couple duds, namely a Thai carrot soup (gross), but we've had a lot of successes. Last night we had beets for the very first time and I must say I was very pleasantly surprised:


This dish was boiled beets and red potatoes, seasoned with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley, topped with over-easy eggs. Colorful, easy and so yummy! I expected beets to have a stronger flavor, but they were really similar to potatoes, and apparently they are a fraction of the calories of potatoes. I see lots of potential there! The best part is how much we quoted the Office during this dinner. Beets. Bears. Battlestar Galactica. (10 brownie points if you know that episode)

I picked some turnips at a farm we visited this week. Haven't ever tried turnips either; hopefully they turn out as good as the beets! Happy healthy eating everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment