I've been on the road traveling a lot the last 2 weeks. I'll use that as an excuse for not achieving perfect points last week...and again this week...yeah, right. :) With all that traveling I've come up with my top 5 tips for keeping up with the Healthy for the Holidays challenge while traveling...David Letterman, eat your heart out!
5. If you want to get all your sleep points don't let American Airlines cancel your non-stop noon flight from Denver to Chicago, then send you 1,000 miles in the wrong direction for a 2 hour lay-over in Los Angeles, then delay your 2nd flight 45 minutes, then let you sit on the tarmac for an additional 45 minutes, only to arrive 8 hours after your were originally scheduled. Oh, and try not to stand in line for an hour waiting for a taxi to take you to your hotel.
4. When you're trying to stay under your calorie limit, a breakfast of a tortilla with peanut butter is quite satisfying for several hours.
3. Pretzel Crisps are a good snack to have with you on the road. They are more satisfying than potato chips or chocolate, and 10 crisps are only 110 calories.
2. Running in the pool is a great way to end a workout at the hotel.
1. Save your sugar drink days for when you're out of town, and when it's time for a free day..ENJOY IT!