Okay, so I really liked Cindy's idea about making rice out of Cauliflower, or what she called "Caulirice". So I tried it the other day and made caulirice to use in this recipe I really love.
And it tasted awesome!!! I actually think I liked the taste of it better than if I had used rice. And I felt like I could fill up my plate because it was vegetables, not rice!
I am excited to substitute more rice recipes with Caulirice.
Better than take-out Fried Rice
- 3 cups rice, prepared (or in this case 3 cups prepared "Caulirice")
- ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup peas & carrots, frozen
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Prepare rice according to package instructions to yield 3 cups cooked rice.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots. Stir fry until tender.
- Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables.
- Add rice, chicken, and soy sauce to pan. Stir in soy sauce and remove from heat.