Thursday, October 9, 2014

Caulirice

Since this challenge started I have been trying all kinds of healthy recipes I've gotten from friends and Pinterest. Perhaps my favorite discovery has been caulirice--"rice" made with cauliflower. I know it doesn't sound all that great but believe me, it is delicious!

This is how I make it: Grate a raw head of cauliflower with a cheese grater (using a food processor would probably be easier but I don't have one). Put in a large skillet with a tablespoon or two of butter. Saute for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper. Yum!! We've used this as a substitute for rice in both Hawaiian haystacks and a sesame chicken dish. It's lighter, not nearly as dense as rice, but has a very mild flavor and tastes really good. My husband likes it, and my brother and sister in law who have been visiting tried it this week and liked it too. Caulirice for the win!!!

1 comment:

  1. I need to try this. I want to try the pizza crust from cauliflower too.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete