Tuesday, November 11, 2014

surprised

As I pulled out my Week 8 worksheet it dawned on me there are only a few weeks left in this here ol' challenge! I have to admit at times I felt every minute - but overall I think the time has gone by smoothly for me. I do not fall in the category with those who may have dropped a huge amount of weight, but I have been working and am seeing my efforts rewarded...a little at a time.

In response to the post about running - I love to run! I also hate it. Ha ha!! Heather Herrick (also in this challenge) has been an amazing example to me of finding joy in EVERY form of fitness - but most especially in running. I started running when I was 26. Kinda late in the 'world' of running. I had also already had a child. Another strike against me. My FIRST race EVER was a half marathon! Yep. An old friend of mine got me hooked on running and convinced me to run a half marathon with her. I did and I was hooked.  I ran two half marathons between each baby, telling myself I was running a marathon! I have always enjoyed the 'slow and steady' pace. Then I met Heather! With her I have been challenged to get faster and have really broadened everything about my physical fitness. It's amazing how much fun running can be!! I LOVE the HIGH I get and how happy running makes me.

Unfortunately, the last year and a half I have been on and off with how much running I can do. I have battled a common runner's injury, plantar fasciitis. I was back again this fall, but then started feeling some not so good aches and pains in different areas....and I believe I need new running shoes...so I am once again NOT running. I will save up my pennies for new shoes, take care of the not-so-good aches and will be back on the road in no time.

For now, until I can run again, I will enjoy my spin circuit class, swimming, P90X and other such wonderful ways to stay fit. Good luck this week everyone. We are doing great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment