Monday, November 17, 2014

I forgot!


    Just adding up my points for this past week and I realized I totally forgot to blog! So mad I missed out on those 10 easy points! 10 points is like 2 hours of exercise!
   So I am trying to get it done early this week since we will be heading out of town on Friday for a week.  Anyways I was going to post about one way that helps me get my vegetables in.  I really like to have smoothies for breakfast and I have a lot of different smoothie recipes that are pretty tasty. 
    I really like to add spinach to my smoothies.  Spinach is super healthy and you can't even taste it in the smoothie (although it might make the color really weird).  So it can be a fruit, peanut butter, or pumpkin smoothie and I still like to add that spinach. One of my favorite smoothies is this green chocolate mint smoothie:

Displaying photo.JPG 


This smoothie is pretty tasty (a little like chocolate chip, mint ice cream)  and really healthy and my kids even really love it. 

This is what I put in it:

Almond milk (you could use whatever kind of milk)
Plain yogurt or a little protein powder (just whatever I have to add some protein to it).
2-3 handfuls of spinach (I like to pack that spinach in this smoothie!)
Frozen bananas
Ice cubes
Vanilla flavoring
Mint or peppermint flavoring (I like peppermint better)
A little honey to sweeten it. (If I use yogurt I don't put in honey because it already has enough sugar).
A little handful of choc chips -and I put these in at the very end when the smoothie is already blended well together. I throw in the choc chips and blend for a few seconds, just to chop up the choc into little bits.


No comments:

Post a Comment