Sunday, November 30, 2014

I know shopping doesn't burn that many calories

But it's got to be more than sitting at home eating leftovers and watching holiday movies, right?

I didn't do the middle of the night black friday thing, but I did shop Friday and Saturday. One day I took my 6-year-old Stella and the next I took my 9-year-old Cole.  They picked out stuff for their siblings and I got great ideas to surprise them. It was fun, and we had some good one on one time.  And my holiday shopping is almost done! Except for my hubby. I never know what to get him . . .

We saw a great play, took the kids to see Big Hero 6, which I loved, went ice skating, played with friends, and have had an overall great time.

Unfortunately we also had a Thanksgiving tarnished by sickness.  My husband came down with acute bronchitis and sinusitis, which then turned into some kind of digestive illness. And then Stella got really sick. She has had a fever on and off for two days, no appetite, red stingy eyes, congestion, headache, fatigue, achy body. Is this the enterovirus? Medical professional out there . . . what do you think?

I am excited for the final two weeks of this competition. Last week I hit my goal weight. This week I didn't go outside of my healthy window . . . despite a lack of fresh fruit and vegetables and pie for breakfast. I will do better this week. That is my personal goal, to eat 3 fruits and 5 vegetable servings a day.

Keep up the good work, all you that have been hanging on!

1 comment: