Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Should've had a V8


This challenge has been an interesting one for me.  At first I thought it would be a little tough to consistently consume enough fruits and vegetables.  Steph and I were discussing the various amounts of several fruits and vegetables which qualify to be full servings.  It sounded like a lot more than I regularly consume.  As I've paid more attention, though, I've realized that my only really consistent deficit is with fruit.  I eat plenty of salad and cooked vegetables, but my fruit intake is lacking.  I enjoy fruit, but it always seems like more of a hassle than it's worth.  Just ask Steph about the time I refused to peel oranges so she bought a special tool to make it easier so I would at least eat one once in a while.

Enter V8 fusion.  I do not like the taste of old-fashioned V8.  Perhaps hate would be a better description.  So when I first tried the Pomegranate Blueberry a few months ago I was pleasantly surprised.  It actually has a decent taste.  It contains 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of vegetables.  One hundred calories per can (that's 10 more than a standard size banana, 20 more than a medium apple).  Pop a top and swallow a few times and you're done.  Not a bad little boost.  Plus they just happen sell them at the hospital cafeteria, so that makes it a little easier.

How are you getting your fruits and vegetables?

2 comments:

  1. Does the cherry Pepsi count as a fruit serving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about key lime bars? That's the one I was wondering about Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete