Friday, November 21, 2014

Move More, Eat Less

I got a Fitbit for my birthday.  The last couple of weeks my personal goal for this challenge has been to get 10,000 steps/day.  That's just under 5 miles per day.  If I walk for my workout this isn't a problem, but when I do other things (which I usually do) I find myself having to get a lot of extra steps at the end of the day to meet my goal.
Wearing this Fitbit has been a good eye opener for me, I consider myself a fairly active person...at least I don't feel like I get to sit down very often.  But I'm realizing that a lot of my household chores and tasks don't add up to a lot of steps, even though I'm on my feet a lot.  A trip to Walmart (one of those bad ones where you have to get something from every far corner of the store) can equal 2,000 steps!
So through this personal goal I've been a lot more mindful about how much I'm moving (aside from my 60 minutes of exercise) each day.  It's hard when it's freezing outside...but I'm trying and hoping it will work!
Keep it moving people!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment