Sunday, January 25, 2015

Popcorn!

When I was little I remember my parents eating a bowl of popcorn a couple nights a week that they made in a grease coated copper pot on the stove.  Now that I am basically a grownup I have my own grease coated pot and I like to make (or rather have Joe make) popcorn a couple of times a week. I am a major dessert girl, but this nighttime snack is high in fiber and incredibly filling so I don't feel like I need something else. 

Here is the Vaterlaus family secret Popcorn recipe:
1 pan specifically dedicated to popcorn that you NEVER wash or use for anything else
Salt
Orville Redenbacher popcorn
Vegetable or canola oil

I put a thin layer of oil on the bottom of the pan and put it on high heat. I add a layer of popcorn on the bottom and shake it out into a bowl as it pops. I add some salt and that is it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment