Thursday, January 29, 2015

Peeling the Onion

So, as we get deeper into this challenge, I am feeling more comfortable with the process. What a change I have made in my life the last three weeks! Here's a little more of my story...
This challenge came just at the right time in my life. The new year brought more than a health change to our family, as last weekend my husband began his deployment to Afghanistan. It's his first deployment, which we have been prepared for and almost waiting for during the last 16 years of his military service. Now does feel like the right time. Our six kids are at what I think of as "good ages" for this to happen. The best part about this challenge is that it has brought simplicity and more consistency into my life. It has given me a little more focus and perspective on my health choices. Thanks for sharing this experience with me, and I apologize ahead of time for kicking all-y'alls behinds by the end of this thing!

2 comments:

  1. I like the onion analogy!
    One of our other challengers, Elise, has dealt with her husbands deployment and now with him being gone for school out of town for an extended time. Maybe you need to commiserate? You ladies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Dakin this last week and she's looking awesome! Earl better hurry home!

    ReplyDelete