Maple Cinnamon Candied Pecans
2 c pecans (we used raw and unsalted pecans, walnuts, almond slices, cashews and sunflower seeds)
⅓ c pure maple syrup
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat a skillet over medium/high heat.
2. Add pecans and stir for a minute or two.
3. Pour syrup over the nuts and stir quickly to coat.
4. Sprinkle on cinnamon and vanilla. Stir constantly to prevent the nuts from burning.
5. Stir for a few minutes or until the nuts are coated well and browned slightly. The syrup condenses down to
caramelize the pecans.
6. Transfer to a parchment lined pan and spread out to cool.
7. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Recipe by simple life by kels at http://www.simplelifebykels.com/maplecinnamoncandiedpecans/