Monday, September 14, 2015

New Ideas

I recently started a new way of eating that has inspired me to some new snack ideas. In reality a 'meal' when you are eating healthy really is just a 'snack'. I mean, if you eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day - they aren't very big meals.

Anyway. I have two ideas to share. One is old news for a lot of people, but may be a good reminder. I like to have a daily protein shake. When I make this shake I ALWAYS add 2-3 large handfuls of greens. Spinach and kale are my regular choices. To be honest getting the vegies and fruits in last week wasn't too bad for me because I add SO many greens to my shake, and then I make sure to have some vegies with my lunch and dinner meal. And really the fruit isn't so hard!

My other idea/snack to share is very new to me and I've really started to like it! I take 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt and mix it with 1/4 cup peanut butter. This sounds yucky - but it is great! I use it as a fruit dip. Usually with apple slices. I really look forward to this treat! Try it! The yogurt is an awesome source of protein and the peanut butter is a good amount of fat and sugar and sweetens it up so well!

I hope everyone is having a good week so far! I know it's only Monday - but every single day counts! I'm looking forward to another week of good changes in my mind and body!!

1 comment:

  1. This yogurt, peanut butter snack is awesome!! So much better than just peanut butter on my apples, and my husband is even hooked! Yeah for easy snack foods on the road so we don't have to buy the expensive stuff to keep him interested in eating. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete