Saturday, February 21, 2015

Gratitude Attitude

Some weeks are harder than others. Even when you know what changes you body needs...they are hard to prioritize and harder to embrace. 
I found myself this week wishing I had access to a gym. But alas, that is not to be.  I decided to try a snow hike, which was more challenging than I anticipated. I love the silence of the snow...however when going uphill (in -2 degrees), the sweet winter silence is broken by my short gasps for breath...
I forgot how difficult it is to breathe when the air is this cold. I enjoyed the time and the challenge in the stillness of winter. 
I am grateful to be pushed beyond my bounds, and challenged to become better. It always feels good, even when I come up short of the mark. When I wake to another allotment of time to prove myself, I am reminded that I always have another chance to choose change. 
When we struggle, and stumble we often come across strength we didn't know we had.

GRATEFUL

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful outlook. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! Thanks for sharing this good attitude with all of us!

    ReplyDelete