Thursday, February 19, 2015

Desserts

So I haven't lost any weight for the past 4 weeks and I was starting to think I had hit a dreaded plateau. I still have 25+ pounds I want to lose so it's not like my body is done losing weight. I was starting to feel a little desperate because I felt I was doing everything right--eating healthy and exercising, trying new foods and workouts--so this week I decided to try something drastic. You know, desperate times and all. This week my personal goal was to not have any sugary treats at all. No ice cream, candy, chocolate, nutella, cupcakes, cookies, cake, even sugary cereals. For me this is a huge deal! I'll usually allow myself a small dessert after the kids go to bed if I've been good all day. But I got on the scale this morning and found that it had moved for the first time in over a month! It's not official, since weigh in day isn't for another 4 days, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Yesterday I was able to withstand the temptation of cupcakes for my daughter's friend's birthday in the morning, and at least 10 cakes at the cub scouts blue and gold banquet. I'm rather proud of myself for lasting this long, even if it's only been a few days.

2 comments:

  1. You SHOULD be proud Cindy! That's amazing!!! I need to do that...hmmm...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is one crazy personal goal and you are awesome for denying Sadie's cupcakes! I sure miss you guys :) Hope all is well and keep going on your goal!

    ReplyDelete