Thursday, February 26, 2015

Brussels Sprouts

I am a new fan of brussels sprouts. I never had them growing up because my mom always hated them. So when we were invited to dinner at a new friend's house about a month ago and was told dinner was going to be pot roast and brussels sprouts, I was equal parts skeptical and excited to try something new. And oh my goodness, they are SO yummy!!! I asked my friend how she made them and gave it a try myself a couple nights ago. Suffice it to say that brussels sprouts will be a regular addition to dinner from now on.



Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve or quarter the brussels and then toss them with a few tablespoons of olive oil and 1/4 tsp of salt. Roast them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are browned. Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!

I had a giant plate with a large portion of salmon and about 2 cups of brussels sprouts. I ate until I was stuffed and could not finish. All for about 450 calories. Fish and veggies for the win!!

1 comment:

  1. I have not met a veggie I haven't liked when it's roasted this wayn

    ReplyDelete