I used boneless, skinless chicken breast instead of the thighs and it worked great. I shredded my chicken after it was finished. I served it with rice for my family, but thought it was great with just stir-fry veggies. I also used the leftovers the next day on top of a bed of lettuce for lunch, it was so good I didn't need to add any salad dressing! I totally forgot to add the sesame seeds and fresh parsley too...and it still worked.
Easy crock pot recipe for chicken thighs cooked in an incredibly delicious honey-garlic sauce.
Author: Katerina | Diethood
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup ketchup (you can also use low-sodium ketchup, if available)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- ½ tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Arrange chicken thighs on the bottom of your slow cooker; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano and parsley; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Close with a lid and cook for 6 to 7 hours on LOW, or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH.*
- Remove lid and transfer chicken to a serving plate.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
And for Dessert
Dark Chocolate Dipped Grapefruit
Sitting at the salon the other day I read an article in a magazine that mentioned 5 great foods for weight loss. 2 of the foods mentioned were grapefruit and dark chocolate. So I'm sure putting them together makes a super weight loss food! Really though, it was a tasty dessert when I was really craving a giant brownie or some ice cream...not too many calories later and my sweet tooth was gone.
Basically, peel your grapefruit and dip it into melted dark chocolate. There are little baking wafers (each one is about 10 calories) that I used. Sprinkle a little sea salt on the dark chocolate for an added flavor bonus. Call me crazy, but I thought it was really good!