Sunday, January 31, 2016

Honey Garlic Chicken - Slow Cooker and Dark Chocolate Dipped Grapefruit

I love finding meals I can make in the slow cooker.  Here is one we recently tried that was pretty good, I found it on diethood.com

I used boneless, skinless chicken breast instead of the thighs and it worked great.  I shredded my chicken after it was finished.  I served it with rice for my family, but thought it was great with just stir-fry veggies.  I also used the leftovers the next day on top of a bed of lettuce for lunch, it was so good I didn't need to add any salad dressing!  I totally forgot to add the sesame seeds and fresh parsley too...and it still worked.


Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
Easy crock pot recipe for chicken thighs cooked in an incredibly delicious honey-garlic sauce.
Serves: Serves 4
Ingredients
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • ⅓ cup honey
  • ½ cup ketchup (you can also use low-sodium ketchup, if available)
  • ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
  • ½ teaspoon dried oregano
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
  • ½ tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Instructions
  1. Arrange chicken thighs on the bottom of your slow cooker; set aside.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano and parsley; whisk until thoroughly combined.
  3. Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs.
  4. Close with a lid and cook for 6 to 7 hours on LOW, or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH.*
  5. Remove lid and transfer chicken to a serving plate.
  6. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
  7. Serve

And for Dessert

Dark Chocolate Dipped Grapefruit
 Sitting at the salon the other day I read an article in a magazine that mentioned 5 great foods for weight loss.  2 of the foods mentioned were grapefruit and dark chocolate.  So I'm sure putting them together makes a super weight loss food!  Really though, it was a tasty dessert when I was really craving a giant brownie or some ice cream...not too many calories later and my sweet tooth was gone.
Basically, peel your grapefruit and dip it into melted dark chocolate.  There are little baking wafers (each one is about 10 calories) that I used.  Sprinkle a little sea salt on the dark chocolate for an added flavor bonus.  Call me crazy, but I thought it was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment