Saturday, January 30, 2016

Caulirice

This is my absolute favorite healthy substitute! I've tried spaghetti squash spaghetti and it's ok, but my husband throws a huge fit anytime I try and feed it to him. Cauliflower rice, aka Caulirice, is just like rice but lighter and fluffier. I serve it with teriyaki chicken and it is SO good all mixed together and so healthy!

Grate a head of cauliflower or put it through a food processor. Put it all in a large skillet with a tablespoon or so of butter. Add salt to taste and cook until soft, just a few minutes. Serve with anything that goes with rice!


4 comments:

  1. I am totally going to try this!!!! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to attempt to make this. I have a friend here that makes a pizza crust out of rice and says it's better than regular crust. worth a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it!! You won't regret it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this. I've always wondered about the rice made from cauliflower. My kids do NOT like cauliflower, so I don't know if they will like this. But if I do it in secret, maybe they won't know! I will probably put it in a food processor, do you also put in the 'stem' or just the 'flower' part??

    ReplyDelete