Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Struggle Is Real

This week was challenging in ways that I didn't expect. My foot injury has proven to be a difficult hurdle to overcome when it comes to the workout portion of the challenge. There is only so much upper body workouts I can do! I have the desire to run and jump and play sports. I need the cardio but my foot keeps me from being able to get a good solid work out that is actually enjoyable as I also lose motivation through normal machine workouts. Soooo....this week I failed a little bit on that end. Which then made me lose motivation to eat well. Luckily drinking water is easy for me and I'm not a dependent soda drinker although I do love it. I was able to talk to some family about my foot frustrations and they gave me some good ideas on some workouts that would be low impact on my injury. I'm hoping I can get a better routine this week and find some things that will effectively help me to get the exercise I need and motivate me to eat right.

If anyone has any suggestions for workouts with limited use of the calf muscle (nothing including jumping or running) please comment below. I'd love to get some ideas.

Mack

2 comments:

  1. Dang! Sorry Mack! Is there a pool you could use until yours is up and running? I know there’s a bunch of chair workouts on YouTube. Not sure which ones are good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want to come over sometime and try my TRX suspension bands. I think there's a lot you could do with those that would be low impact for your leg. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete