Monday, April 16, 2018

Hey I'm Mack

I'm 23 and just graduated from BYUI in recreation management. I've always been very active and athletic but struggled with weight loss and gain throughout my life. I returned from my mission in Arizona last summer and I've been wanting to work off the extra weight I got from eating so much mexican food. In January I ruptured my achilles tendon playing volleyball. Its been a long recovery after surgery to repair the tendon and then 6 weeks on a knee scooter and 6 weeks in a walking boot. I was just cleared last week to walk without the boot and graduated PT and man do I have the itch to be active again! It's been hard to find workouts to cater to my foot as I can't run or jump at all but at the least this journey has taught me to not take my legs for granted. I'm building strength and mobility every day and I'm determined to get back to sports as soon as I can. I'm hoping that this will help me work towards the goals that I have for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment