Sunday, February 21, 2016

Traveling

I had a very quick trip for a work conference this weekend that I thought was going to make me miss some sleep and exercise points.  Instead I was reminded that I could park my car a little farther from the airport, spend 50 minutes walking up and down the terminal while waiting to board, and sleep like a baby on the 3.5 hour flight...and here I am with another decent week.  I had another moral victory Friday night.  I knew I would be pinched for time to eat with all the traveling, and that my food choices would be poor (not that I necessarily mind a cheat day now and then), so I skipped breakfast, ate a fast food lunch and then had cheese crackers for dinner when I arrived at the hotel.  I still finished the day 140 calories below my calorie goal and didn't do any snacking.  That may not seem like much, but for me it was huge to make the decision that I didn't need to go get a bigger meal for dinner.  I could just eat a small amount to take the edge off, and wait for the morning for a better meal.

Every little bit helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment