Sunday, March 15, 2015

More Fun

I wanted to pick stuff that was more fun for my new exercises.  I have been going to the gym and pounding away on the treadmill, but I don't find that enjoyable enough to see myself doing it indefinitely.  So this week I went golfing (technically last week but the assignment had been made), and instead of riding in a cart I walked.  Then I went ice skating.  Then after work one night when I would typically eat a snack and watch TV I took one of my sons outside and we played catch for 30 minutes.  Then another evening after work (during the snacking/sitting portion) I went to the driving range for about an hour.

I realize that none of the activities (except the skating) will slim me down, but replacing an hour of inactivity with moderate activity that simultaneously distracts from food will contribute to a healthier lifestyle.  (My favorite challenge yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment