Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cindy's Progress Report

My goals for this challenge were:

1. Lose 20 pounds. --Well, I didn't lose 20 and I'm thinking now that was slightly unrealistic. But I did lose about 14 (and counting) and I'm very happy with that.
2. Eat healthier. --I have definitely improved there. We tried eating low-carb dinners these last 3 months and I think it really helped. More veggies, less rice, pasta, and potatoes. I still love my sweets and learning to enjoy in moderation will be a lifelong struggle for me, I think.
3. Get back into running. --Didn't really do this one. I did do a 5k on the treadmill at the gym once but it was torture and I didn't enjoy it one bit. I am getting back into swimming and I think I'm enjoying that a lot more.
4. Fit into non-maternity clothes. --Yes! I definitely did this one. I have a variety of clothes that fit now and I'm not wearing a single maternity item any more.

Overall I'm happy with the progress I've made during this challenge. I'm far from reaching my long-term goals and I have a lot more work to do, but it feels good to make progress! Thank you Stephanie for all the work you put into organizing and moderating this challenge!! I know it's not easy and takes a lot of your time. I'm sure we all appreciate it. Sign me up for the next one!

Here are a couple before/after shots.

I didn't really take any official "before" shots at the beginning of the challenge so this is the best I could find. 

Current--taken an hour ago!

Please ignore the toothpaste spots on the mirror... :)

Thanks for all the group support everyone! I love reading everyone's posts. Your struggles and successes help me stick with it!

2 comments:

  1. You look awesome!!! I see progress even from the last time I saw you!!! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you Cindy! you rocked it!! 14 lbs? awesome girlie!

    ReplyDelete