Friday, May 8, 2015

Dang Scale

Since last October when I started actively trying to lose weight I've last 30-35 pounds...and I'm extremely happy with that, but I'm not done.  I have 10 more pounds to drop to be at a "healthy BMI."  And I feel like I've been fighting with the same 5 pounds the last several weeks, I'll lose 2, then gain back 2, lose 2 more, then gain back 2 more.  It's frustrating!  I've been working out hard and keeping my calories under 1400/day.
Grrrr...so even though the scale made me mad this morning,  I'm trying to keep a good perspective.  Today my little 4 year old had to go in for an ECG, we got to see pictures of his heart.  It made me think about my own heart, I wondered how healthy my heart would look.  I hope that all this cardio I'm doing is helping inside, even if it's not showing on the scale.  Health is the name of this game, and should be my main focus.

And for a non-health related non-scale victory this week, last night I tried on a few shirts at Kohls and the size Larges were too big.  Medium baby!  Boo-yah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment