Saturday, May 5, 2018

I like to move it move it!

 I am sore today and my body is tired, but it feels good to know I've worked hard this week.  For my new workout I've been trying some new moves with my TRX suspension bands.  I totally recommend TRX, I've taken the class before, and now I'm just doing it at home.  This week I also got a new workout going to a trampoline park with my kids.  My 5 year old dared me to try a spinjitzu move into the foam pit, right at the last second my foot slipped and I did a pretty amazing belly flop/dive headfirst into the foam.  I was stuck, and I couldn't stop laughing which didn't help the situation.  All the while I could see was my 5 year old shaking his head above me saying, "that was not at ALL a spin move." 
 This weekend I got some good workouts in by helping move this large pile of sand from the front yard to the back at my parent's house Friday night, and then by mowing our lawn today (we have a BIG lawn I discovered).  I felt like these work projects were probably the most effective exercise I got all week, and it didn't feel like exercise because I was just getting a job done.  I think if I had some hard labor projects every week I'd for sure meet my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Samantha R HardcastleMay 6, 2018 at 5:26 PM

    So this is my third time typing up a comment....darn computer. I love doing new TRX moves and finding new sore muscles. This week I decided to try a more functional way of getting my workout in. I decided to get all my workouts done through yard work (and we have a lot of it). I focused on my form and engaging my core and it was great. Burned a ton of calories....got nicely sore muscles....and got the yard looking a lot better. Win win.

    ReplyDelete