Monday, August 31, 2015

Changing my habits


When I was pregnant with my first son, I was unbearably nauseous and dizzy the first 2-3 months.  It was constant dizziness that wouldn't go away, and I would have to lie down in bed without moving.  One Saturday afternoon we decided to go to Cheesecake Factory for lunch.  I still wasn't feeling well, but I really wanted to get out and begin exploring the city. 

As we sat inside, I was still completely miserable, and my husband suggested I order a coke.  As soon as I did, my dizziness started to lessen, and my nausea was still there but more manageable. 

And that became my love affair with coke.  It might just be a placebo affect, but I definitely turn to it when I have a headache, or feel dizzy.  Or if I am in need of encouragement to clean the house or begin dinner.  

I buy the 90 calorie cans, and on a good day I will have one can, and on a really bad day I will drink three.  I also always have a few of the mexican coke in the glass bottles in the fridge for those days when I really need a boost of energy.  

I am excited for this week's challenge.  I know Coke can't be good for the body considering it can be used to clean the corrosion on your car battery.  But I still reach for one to get me through the day.  And while I only drink the 90 calorie cans, I still could do better by not drinking it at all.  So, I am excited to see how my body feels after a week of only water drinking!

2 comments:

  1. That glass bottle just looks so tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who thinks Coke is a fix all! I rarely drink coke unless I have a stomach ache or eat something suspect (because obviously if it cleans a car battery, food poisoning won't stand a chance!)

    ReplyDelete